Think outside the box, Experience new things.... Be a kid again!

Saturday, November 27, 2010

New Things !!

As most of you know I transferred to another center this week -- only after locking my keys in the running car and having a cellphone punk out on me did I finally get to start at the new center. Sometimes I swear this crap happens to me more often then not! I worked for a good 6 hours on Wednesday and from 10:30-4:30 yesterday to get this room in shape for a bunch of preschoolers on Monday. It was a ton of work but so rewarding at the same time. I am kicking myself for not taking before and after pictures... but as we always say in the classroom " you get when you get & you don't throw a fit ! "

  Sensory / Science area - with Holiday lights, of course...
 Our first art project ... GLITTER ART - it was great, some of the kids wanted to do the project over and over. I just kept the glue, glitter and paper coming!
 Home living - I picked up those great big stars on the ceiling from Dollar Tree. They are actually more stable than the star we picked up for my son's bedroom - which was a heck of a lot more expensive!
 Fine Motor -- what says fine motor more than sign language? -- Probably rubber band boards! Below is the wall of the fine motor area. It seems like just the right season to be practicing those coat buttons and zippers!

 Tempera paint on the window works wonderfully. It's a cheap and easy way to decorate windows. It does consistently need a little touch up, but so does everything else.

... all in a couple days work, a brand new classroom! This weekend I am looking forward to starting on the house - I promised my hubby I wouldn't put up Christmas till after Thanksgiving, now it's two days later and i'm ready for some decorations!

No comments:

Post a Comment